In this episode, I talk about how much sleep kids need based on age. I give symptoms of when a child is overtired and how chronic sleep deprivation can have lasting impacts on our youth. Finally, I give sample sleep schedules and discuss why it’s important to create a steady bedtime routine.
What to expect:
- How much sleep kids need, based on recommendations from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (00:38)
- How lack of sleep education leads to sleep deprivation (1:11)
- Sample sleep schedule with explanations (2:20)
- What happens when your child is overtired (3:28)
- When should you take away technology (8:30)
- Why you should create a bedtime schedule (10:00)
Download the sleep needs by age chart and awake window breakout here.
Sleep can be a challenge and we are always here to help with great free training, downloads, and resources. Join my free Slumber Made Simple Facebook Group, I host monthly free training on Newborn Sleep and for children aged 4 months through 5 years in my Save Your Sanity Sleep Bootcamp, and share my secrets to sleep in my 7 Tips for Restful Sleep Guide, which you can access here and start changing your sleep today! Also, check out my Instagram for more tips and tricks to successful sleep!